Math Year 12
Weekly Overview (April 23-27)
Weekly Overview (April 2-6,2017)
Syllabus were completed: Revision o past exam question
Sunday (April 2,2017)
Weekly Overview (March 19-23,2017)
Unit 4; Discrete random variables:
4.1. Construct a probability distribution table relating to a given situation involving a discrete random variable X and calculate E(X) and Var(X)
4.2 use formulae for probabilities for the binomial distribution, and recognize practical situations where the binomial distribution is a suitable model (the notation B (n,p) is included)
4.3 use formulae for the expectation and variance of the binomial distribution.
Weekly Overview (March 5-9,2017)
Sunday (March 5,2017)
Weekly Overview (February 26-March 2,2017)
Sunday (February 26,2017)
Weekly Overview ( February 19-23)
Sunday (February 19,2017)
PURE MATHEMATICS 1
Refer to syllabus for the lessons to revise
Thursday (February 23,2017)
SECONDARY SPORTS DAY
Weekly Overview (February 12-16,2017)
PROBABILITY and STATISTICS 1
Sunday (February 12,2017)
Representation of Data:
1. Select suitable way of presenting raw statistical data
Monday (February 13,2017)
1. Construct and interpret stem - and leaf diagrams, box - and whisker plots.
Tuesday ( February 14,2017)
National Sports day
Wednesday (February 15,2017)
1. Understand and use different measures of central tendency
Thursday (February 16,2017)
1. Use cumulative frequency graph to estimate the median value,quartiles and interquartiles range.
Weekly Overview (February5-9,2017)
Chapter 7 : Series
Sunday (February 5,2017)
Weekly Overview (January 22-26,2017)
AS MOCK EXAM
January 15th - 19th 2017
Weekly Overview (January 8-12,2016)
Sunday (January 8th,2016)
Unit Test : November 30th,2016
Chapters to review:
2. Coordinate geometry
3. Circular measure
Weekly Overview ( November 20-24,2016)
Sunday (November 20,2016)
Weekly overview (November 13-17,2016)
Weekly Overview (November 6-13,2016)
1. Understand the idea of the gradient of a curve, and use notation
of a functions
2. Use the derivative for any rational. together with constant multiples,sums,differences of functions, and of composite functions using the chain rule.
3. apply differentiation to gradients, tangent and normals, increasing and decreasing functions and rates of change( including connected rates of change).
4. locate stationary points, and use information bout stationary points in sketching graphs ( the ability to distinguish between maximum points and minimum points is required, but identification of points inflexion is not included.
Weekly Overview (October 16-20,2016)
Syllabus Content :
Tuesday October 11,2016
Pointers to review:
1. Completing the square to locate vertex of the quadratic polynomial
2. discriminant of a quadratic polynomial to determine the nature of roots.
3. recognize and solve equations in (x) which are quadratic in some function.
1. find the equation of a straight line given the sufficient information
2. understand the relationship between graph and its associated algebraic equation, and use the relationship between points of intersection of graphs and solutions of equation.
Upcoming Unit ( October 9-13,2016)
1. Chapter 4 Circular measure
a. Understand the definition of a radian, and use the relationships between radians and degrees
b. use the formulae in solving problems concerning the arc length and sector area of a circle